Friday, April 25, 2014

Career

Career Assessment

  • Career Counselor
  • Mental Health Nurse
  • Probation/Parole officer
  • Naturopath
  • Social Worker
  • Abuse/Crisis Counselor
  • Career Coach
  • Addictions Counselor
I decided I didn't want to be any of these, so I chose a registered nurse (RN).

Registered Nurse-provides and coordinates patients care, educate patients and the public about various health conditions, and provide advice and emotional support to patients and their families

Top 3 Career Cluster


  • Health Science
  • Marketing
  • Manufacturing

Career Plan

High School Training

  • Hospital Internship

College degree required

  • Associates
  • Nursing Program

Work Opportunities

  • Hospital
  • Health Clinic
  • Home health

Other Experiences

  • CPR
  • First Aid

Academic Qualities

  • Math
  • Science
  • Foreign Language
  • English

Personal Skills and Interests

  • Self-Reliant
  • Patient
  • Persistent
  • Good at following directions
  • Organized
  • Caring
  • Dependable

Training Required



A day in the life of an RN



  • 7:45 a.m. - Check in patient list to tell me when and how many patients I will be checking on throughout the day
  • 8:00 a.m - Check all the patients
  • 9:30 a.m. - The doctor explains the process to the patient and I finish my computer charting, check the IV medicines, and wait for the doctor. I tell him we are ready
  • 10:15 a.m. - The doctor comes and we begin  to look at the patient
  • 11:30 a.m. - I greet my patient, connect her to monitors, get her medicine, and call the doctor
  • 12:20 a.m. - I go to lunch
  • 1:20 p.m. -  Go back to work
  • 1:20 pm.- 3:30 pm.- shot appointments
  • 3:30 pm.- 5:00 pm - recheck all patients and charts



No comments:

Post a Comment